Posted - 16 November 2004 : 11:45:45
|With this solution sending a Fax or E-Mail in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a breeze. You no longer need to specify a Printer, Address, Fax number or Filename in a Report.
Just activate SendX and Print, that's all...
Activate SendX and Print
Select an option
After printing the Sales – Invoice with No. 103015, click on the Send button
PDF or Fax-software like eDocPrinter, Zetafax, GFI FAXmaker, Pdfmailer and Faxware have the option of looking for embedded commands in a print job.
SendX uses this functionality to embed commands like Fax number, Email address, etc. into the header of the document.
Developers can extend reports with just a few lines of code. This way you can do batch-reporting, select a coverpage, add company logo, change the subject, filename, add bodylines or end a document. It all depends on your chosen PDF or Fax package.
How to activate SendX with Printer Selections
How to activate SendX by the User
How to activate SendX in Code
- Send any report as an attachment in your Email Client
- Send any report with your Fax Client
- Batch-printing of pdf-documents in a single print job
- Only 6 objects to modify
- No need to extend your Navision license
- No need for extra tables, reports, forms, etc.
- No need to modify standard reports or forms
- No need to add a company logo in standard reports
- No need to install an OCX, it's all Navision code
- Takes a maximum of 1 hour to implement
- Activate SendX by the User, with the Menu, Printer Selections or in code
- Automatic insertion of Address, Fax number, Filename
- Include company logo in reports
- Forward to other Recipients
- Skip the dialog choices
- Protection of sending to a wrong Recipient
- Get more control with embedded commands
- Examples of how to use embedded commands
- The report program is also aware of what the user selected, Fax, E-Mail, etc, and can add extra commands in the document
…I didn’t even know eDocPrinter, Thanks…
…It's been a time saver and couldn't live without" Before using this product I had to do everything manually…
...Thank you for a terrific product. I had been looking for something like this for our customers...
…I'm pretty impressed by your support department, I asked a question on a Sunday and received an answer the same day: I greatly appreciate!"…
Ease of Installation (1 Easy - 10 Hard): (3)
Order information: SL-SXAdditional investment
All figures are an estimate and can differ per customer, database or partner.
- Development, 1 Hour
- Implementation, 15 min. per PC
- Support, 1 Hour
Frequently Asked Questions
Could you describe again what your code does?
• First of all; Your MBS partner does not need to add code to all forms and reports
• Hides in the background, only when you click on the print button SendX steps in between
• Automatically selects the correct printer driver
• Automatically inserts embedded commandos into the header
• The Pdf of Fax package sends the document to the recipient
Why this forward option?
• When no header is used you can use the forward option
• If you don't want it send to the standard Email address you can use the forward option
What is your preferred PDF-writer?
At this moment we do all our development with eDocPrinter because it contains all the functionality we need and because of it’s pricing policy. As an affiliate we have a direct connection with the support department.
Please click on the links below to download a trial version or buy the software package.
• Buy eDocPrinter PDF Pro
• Download eDocPrinter PDF Pro
What is your preferred Fax-driver?
At this moment we do all our development with GFI FAXmaker.
Please click on the links below to download a trial or buy the software package.
• GFI FAXmaker
Sometimes the email address is too short?
The headers in Navision documents are not all the same. We use the last 2 lines and for a long email address you need to extend the field on the section page. Look in the support forum for examples.
Report, NAV, PDF, Document, Solution.
All above product or company names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.