Click here to view this topic.
||Which ever way you backup your Dynamics NAV database, someone in your IT department needs to develop batch- or script-files to Stop .., Start.., Copy.., Schedule.. and Backup..
|[image]/Software/Solution/ScriptFiles/ScriptFiles_Cover.jpg border=0 align=right hspace=0 [/image]
This solution contains all the script-files to do this and with the included instructions you will have a running copy in no time.
[image]/Software/Solution/ScriptFiles/ScreenShot_Folders.jpg border=0 align=left hspace=0 [/image]
Prepared script templates
[image]/Software/Solution/ScriptFiles/ScreenShot_Log.jpg border=0 align=left hspace=0 [/image]
This is an example of a log file
So you think a backup to tape is secure?
If while backing up to tape, a user or process modifies the Navision database some data is NOT on tape. We do not want to scare you and actually, when you restore a database from tape, Navision does a good job recovering in such situations but some data will be lost.
If your database is divided into separate database parts, recovering the Navision database from tape will not always work because of different timestamps.
In earlier versions the only way to create a good backup was to; Stop Navision; Backup to tape and when finished; Start Navision.
Starting with Navision 3.00 the program HotCopy was released. With HotCopy you can copy a Live Navision database to a save location. Users can keep on working uninterrupted and the Backup application will backup this saved folder to tape.
But how do you work with HotCopy? How to stop and start? How do you schedule this?
[image]/Images/wmp.gif border=0 align=middle hspace=10 [/image][url=/Software/Solution/ScriptFiles/How to schedule a daily HotCopy.wmv]How to schedule a daily HotCopy[/url]
- [url=/Software/Solution/ScriptFiles/061012EB-Overview-ScriptFiles-V1.0-ENU.pdf]Click to open the complete overview in pdf format [image]/Images/pdf.gif border=0 hspace=0[/image][/url]
- Detailed log files
- Free tools included, robocopy, command line Email, etc
- Example of HotCopy.ini
- Examples included
Ease of Installation (1 Easy - 10 Hard): (1)
Order information: SL-SCRIPT
- Scheduled Script-files
- Prepared for a standard Navision Service
- Prepared for extra running Navision Services
- Prepared for a Live and Backup/Test Server situation
- All scripts can be modified
If you need technical support, please visit this solutions [url=/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=44]forum[/url]. If you can't find the answer you need, then please contact us by email of phone.
Batchfile, Backup, HotCopy.
All above product or company names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.
- [url=/Software/Solution/Solution-PriceList.xls]Download the Solution Price list in Excel format [image]/Images/xls.gif border=0 hspace=0[/image][/url]
- Fill in; Quantity, Partner and other details
- [url=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org&subject=Order information, Please use the attached Excel document]Send this document to us by Email[/url]
- We send you the Order confirmation and License agreement
- You send this back
- After payment we send you the solution package
- If you need support; [url=/forum/policy.asp]Register[/url] at the Support Forum
- Your partner implements the code
- Start using it